Anacostia BID's Jazz MeetUp
A lively afternoon of jazz performances launching the DC Jazz Festival's Jazz in the 'Hoods Citywide
Co-hosted by the Anacositia Business Improvement District (BID) and EAST RIVER JAZZFest. Patrons are invited to join us in our Jazz MeetUp Space next to the historic Anacostia Chair sculpture presenting the following artists in performance on Saturday, June 8, 20019:
- 12:00 Noon to 12:45 PM - Bill Washburn, piano and bassist Jeron White
- 1:00 PM to 1:45 PM - Tamika “Love” Jones, vocals will perform Songs for Mama, a series of jazz songs that honors her mother speaks to experiences as a mother accompanied by Tarus Mateen, bass and
- 2:00 PM to 2:45 - CeLillianne Green, Spoken Word performs “Black Love is Black History" with Wes Biles, bass, Vince Smith, keyboard and Carl McIntyre, trumpet.
- 3:00 PM to 3:45 - Charmaine Michelle, trumpet & pianist Justin Taylorwill present Bop, Blues and Ballads. Charmaine Michelle grew up singing hymns in the church and studying Classical music on the trumpet. With this musical background she brings a lyrical and bluesy approach to jazz standards.
- 4:00 PM to 4:45- Khalid Gray Quartetfeaturing Khalid Gray, trombone; Mario Alas, piano/keyboard; Rolandson Davies, bass; Angeliqua Bethea, drums
- 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM - Elijah Jamal Balbed’s JoGo Project
On the National Service Contractors Parking Lot, 2007 MLK, Jr. Avenue SE 20020
EAST RIVER JAZZFest is a DC Jazz Festival, Inc. Jazz in the 'Hoods Partner